- The serenity of a Buddhist Monastery and my encounter with a monk in Kathmandu
- Caring mountains and tourist spots: forward-looking planning is an urgent priority
- Aloft Hotel brands for the global traveller
- Himalaya Airlines starting Dhaka flights from July 22
- Nepal’s central bank bans use of unregistered foreign digital payment systems
The Remote Parking Bay at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) has come into operation.
The construction of the new parking bay at the North East side was completed recently has now opened for services.
The new parking bay that took more than 16 months to complete can accommodate 3 narrow-body aircraft or 2 wide-body aircraft. Now the parking capacity of the airport has been increased to eleven from nine. Previously, TIA had the capacity of accommodating 9 aircraft; 3 wide-body and 6 narrow-body aircraft.
Even with the expansion of parking services, the parking capacity of TIA is much less to cope with the growing number of flights. (Tourism Times Reporter)